Described by Jonze at the LA Film Festival as, ‘A movie set in the slight future of LA and Joaquin Phoenix’s character buys the world’s first artificially intelligent operating system’, the film’s soundtrack has also landed a nod for Best Original Song courtesy of Owen Pallet, while the likes of Pharrell Williams‘ ‘Happy‘, and U2‘s ‘Ordinary Love‘ – which features on Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom - are also up for an Oscar in that section.
Arcade Fire, meanwhile, will compete with music from The Book Thief, Gravity, Philomena and Saving Mr Banks for Best Original Score.
Overall, 12 Years a Slave and Gravity are leading the pack for the 86th edition of the Academy Awards, which is set to take place on March 2nd in Hollywood.
- Kaiser Chiefs unveil North American tour dates
- Benjamin Booker releases 'Live At Third Man Records' album
- Gallery: The Barr Brothers play a packed out Deaf Institute in Manchester
- And So I Watch You From Afar reveal new album 'Heirs'
- East India Youth to follow Mercury nominated 'Total Strife Forever' in April