Beck is keeping busy, and has now confirmed the details of his first full length album of new material since 2008, which is described as being a ‘companion piece of sorts’ to his 2002 LP ‘Sea Change‘.
‘Morning Phase‘ is set for release via Capitol Records in February 2014, and is said to feature contributions from the vast majority of musicians who joined Beck on the 2002 record – those include Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., and Jason Falkner.
With stand-alone singles such as ‘Gimme‘, ‘I Won’t Be Long‘ and more getting a release this year, to go with the long-awaited live unveiling of the 2012 ‘Song Reader‘ LP – which had previously only been available in sheet music form – in California and London, 2013 has proved to be a bumper year of sorts for Beck fans. And in addition to all that, a second album of acoustic-led music is also expected at some point next year.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Mazes, Palace and more
- Weezer unveil new album tracklist, delay release
- Release date, tracklist confirmed for Aphex Twin's new album
- Bastille premiere horror-infused video for ‘bad_news’
- Morrissey's 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' disappears from US markets after label row