Beck is keeping busy, and has now confirmed the details of his first full length album of new material since 2008, which is described as being a ‘companion piece of sorts’ to his 2002 LP ‘Sea Change‘.
‘Morning Phase‘ is set for release via Capitol Records in February 2014, and is said to feature contributions from the vast majority of musicians who joined Beck on the 2002 record – those include Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Roger Joseph Manning Jr., and Jason Falkner.
With stand-alone singles such as ‘Gimme‘, ‘I Won’t Be Long‘ and more getting a release this year, to go with the long-awaited live unveiling of the 2012 ‘Song Reader‘ LP – which had previously only been available in sheet music form – in California and London, 2013 has proved to be a bumper year of sorts for Beck fans. And in addition to all that, a second album of acoustic-led music is also expected at some point next year.
- Blur pick Courtney Barnett for US tour support
- Twin Atlantic premiere official video for 'Fall Into The Party'
- Maximo Park frontman Paul Smith unveils new solo single 'Break Me Down'
- Noel Gallagher, Led Zeppelin, Stone Roses have UK's top selling vinyl albums of 2015 so far
- Review: Sleaford Mods - 'Key Markets'