The Jim Jones Revue have premiered the video for their new single ‘Collision Boogie‘ – it can be watched via YouTube below.
Directed by Roger Pomphrey, the man behind the Who The Fuck is Pete Doherty? documentary, the promo was shot at the Sporting Club de Londres in Westbourne Park and focuses on what is described as a, ‘New Orleans Voodoo Dancehall party which the band threw with a cast made up various friends, associates and accomplices in an East meets West London showdown’.
The track is released on October 14th and was recorded at the Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire with producer Jim Sclavunos. “’Collision Boogie’ is a sort of personal user’s guide to some of the things that might come crashing into in life,” Jim Jones has said.
“It was originally inspired from hearing a Jamaican dancehall track blaring out of a car in Hackney; but by the time we had an arrangement together, it ended up with more of a New Orleans flavor.”
A tour of the UK coincides with the single’s release, and opens up on October 9th at the Manchester Ruby Lounge.
- Band Of Horses release 'Hang An Ornament' in time for Christmas
- The Maccabees expect to finally finish new album next month
- George Harrison honoured at Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Royal Blood discuss 'insane' Foo Fighters stadium support
- 2004 Jack White single found hidden in furniture