Studio footage posted on Instagram by producer and Shins keyboardist Richard Swift shows Leithauser hard at work inside Los Angeles’ Vox Studios where, as well as Swift, he has been joined by Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij and Morgen Henderson of Fleet Foxes.
As yet, no material has been released from the impending LP, but a release is said to be ready for the spring of 2014.
Leithauser was last active with The Walkmen in the May of 2012, when the band released their ‘Heaven‘ album, of which Live4ever’ review concluded:
“It sounds like The Walkmen have grown up, slowed down, and found contentment in the songs they’re making. ‘Heaven’ is a mature album, and it may just be their best yet.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'