Studio footage posted on Instagram by producer and Shins keyboardist Richard Swift shows Leithauser hard at work inside Los Angeles’ Vox Studios where, as well as Swift, he has been joined by Vampire Weekend’s Rostam Batmanglij and Morgen Henderson of Fleet Foxes.
As yet, no material has been released from the impending LP, but a release is said to be ready for the spring of 2014.
Leithauser was last active with The Walkmen in the May of 2012, when the band released their ‘Heaven‘ album, of which Live4ever’ review concluded:
“It sounds like The Walkmen have grown up, slowed down, and found contentment in the songs they’re making. ‘Heaven’ is a mature album, and it may just be their best yet.”
- Both Alt-J and Florence & The Machine confirm for another summer festival
- Bon Iver's Justin Vernon confirms new Eaux Claires Music & Arts festival
- Ride's Mark Gardener and Andy Bell sign up for intimate War Child gig
- The Wombats return with new album, European tour
- The Jesus & Mary Chain take 'Pyschocandy' celebrations to Bilbao BBK Live