Former Nirvana bandmates Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, as well as one-time guitarist Pat Smear, joined Sir Paul McCartney onstage in Seattle last night (July 19th) for no-less than seven songs. Check out fan footage of a selection of the performances below.
McCartney teamed up with Grohl and Novoselic on the soundtrack to the former’s recent Sound City Studios documentary, which was led by their original track ‘Cut Me Some Slack‘. That, along with Beatles classics ‘Get Back‘ and ‘Helter Skelter‘, were aired during the gig.
In addition, the quartet performed a cover of Little Richard‘s early rock n roll staple ‘Long Tall Sally‘ before moving back to the Fab Four’s back catalogue for a portion of the ‘Abbey Road‘ medley – ‘Golden Slumbers‘ / ‘Carry That Weight‘.
Sir Paul is out on the road partaking in his latest world tour, whose North American leg continues until mid-August. McCartney also has gigs in Japan booked later on in the year.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'