Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has revealed the band are ‘getting started’ on the follow-up to 2011’s triumphant ‘Wasting Light‘.
“We’re getting started,” Hawkins tells Billboard. “We’re getting our ideas together. Dave has his brain working overtime, like usual, and he’s got a lot of great ideas, both musically and conceptually – none that I can speak of at this moment, but it’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be cool.”
Later, Hawkins admitted the group are feeling the pressure as work begins on recording new material, especially after the runaway success of their most recent album.
“You always want every one of them to be the best one you’ve ever done, and you always think you haven’t done your best one,” Hawkins continues. “Although some people may feel we have, I still think we haven’t written our ‘Hotel California’ or our ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ or whatever. You should always be a little scared. Every time you start a record, you have to be, like, ready to kill yourself or it’s not gonna be any good.”
- New Order confirm Brandon Flowers, Iggy Pop on new album
- Blur pick Courtney Barnett for US tour support
- Twin Atlantic premiere official video for 'Fall Into The Party'
- Maximo Park frontman Paul Smith unveils new solo single 'Break Me Down'
- Noel Gallagher, Led Zeppelin, Stone Roses have UK's top selling vinyl albums of 2015 so far