Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has revealed the band are ‘getting started’ on the follow-up to 2011’s triumphant ‘Wasting Light‘.
“We’re getting started,” Hawkins tells Billboard. “We’re getting our ideas together. Dave has his brain working overtime, like usual, and he’s got a lot of great ideas, both musically and conceptually – none that I can speak of at this moment, but it’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be cool.”
Later, Hawkins admitted the group are feeling the pressure as work begins on recording new material, especially after the runaway success of their most recent album.
“You always want every one of them to be the best one you’ve ever done, and you always think you haven’t done your best one,” Hawkins continues. “Although some people may feel we have, I still think we haven’t written our ‘Hotel California’ or our ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ or whatever. You should always be a little scared. Every time you start a record, you have to be, like, ready to kill yourself or it’s not gonna be any good.”
- Live4ever Presents: Alias Kid
- Blur's Graham Coxon: 'The whole music business is shit'
- Foals 'turned down Glastonbury spot which went to The Libertines'
- Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Mark Ronson, Andrew Wyatt cover Queens Of The Stone Age
- Paul McCartney to reissue 'Tug Of War' and 'Pipes Of Peace' with previously unheard material