According to reports, Wilson is being joined in the studio by his two fellow Beach Boys evictees Al Jardine and David Marks, as well other musicians including Jeff Beck.
“I was really moved by the fans’ excitement about The Beach Boys’ album and tour last year,” Wilson remarks in a press release. “It charged me up and my head was full of music – I just couldn’t wait to get back into the studio to let it out.”
Recording sessions are currently underway at Ocean Way Studios in Hollywood, with Wilson on production duties. The new record will be his first of entirely original material since 2008’s ‘That Lucky Old Sun‘.
A run of US dates for Wilson, Marks and Jardine are booked for next month, beginning in Atlantic City on July 20th.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: The Bulletproof Bomb, Sauna Youth and more
- Wilko Johnson unveils UK tour dates
- Metronomy, The Horrors and Drenge join Blur at British Summer Time
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens