According to reports, Wilson is being joined in the studio by his two fellow Beach Boys evictees Al Jardine and David Marks, as well other musicians including Jeff Beck.
“I was really moved by the fans’ excitement about The Beach Boys’ album and tour last year,” Wilson remarks in a press release. “It charged me up and my head was full of music – I just couldn’t wait to get back into the studio to let it out.”
Recording sessions are currently underway at Ocean Way Studios in Hollywood, with Wilson on production duties. The new record will be his first of entirely original material since 2008′s ‘That Lucky Old Sun‘.
A run of US dates for Wilson, Marks and Jardine are booked for next month, beginning in Atlantic City on July 20th.
- Weezer unveil new album tracklist, delay release
- Release date, tracklist confirmed for Aphex Twin's new album
- Bastille premiere horror-infused video for ‘bad_news’
- Morrissey's 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' disappears from US markets after label row
- Richie Hawtin to receive Outstanding Contribution at 2014 AIM Awards