According to reports, Wilson is being joined in the studio by his two fellow Beach Boys evictees Al Jardine and David Marks, as well other musicians including Jeff Beck.
“I was really moved by the fans’ excitement about The Beach Boys’ album and tour last year,” Wilson remarks in a press release. “It charged me up and my head was full of music – I just couldn’t wait to get back into the studio to let it out.”
Recording sessions are currently underway at Ocean Way Studios in Hollywood, with Wilson on production duties. The new record will be his first of entirely original material since 2008’s ‘That Lucky Old Sun‘.
A run of US dates for Wilson, Marks and Jardine are booked for next month, beginning in Atlantic City on July 20th.
- Brian May: Claims Sacha Baron Cohen had rejoined Freddie Mercury biopic were a 'joke'
- The Cribs lead host of new entries on UK Record Store Chart
- Noel Gallagher closes this year's Teenage Cancer Trust concerts
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist