Critically acclaimed American electric guitarist Eric Johnson , hailed by Joe Bonamassa as “one of the greatest guitar players of all time,” starts is 6-date UK tour at London’s o2 Shepherds Bush Empire on Wednesday 3rd April.
The UK tour will showcase material from his new album Up Close- Another Look, which is released this week. Eric’s stage time for each of the UK shows is 8.30pm.
London o2 Shepherds Bush Empire Wednesday April 3
Harrogate Theatre Thursday April 4
Edinburgh Queen’s Hall Friday April 5
Manchester Royal Northern College of Music Saturday April 6
Birmingham Town Hall Sunday April 7
Salisbury City Hall Monday April 8
Guitar Player magazine describes Johnson as “one of the most respected guitarists on the planet.” His platinum-selling 1990 recording Ah Via Musicom produced the single Cliffs of Dover, for which he won the 1991 Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance. In 1996 he teamed up with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai for the original G3 tour that garnered a worldwide audience with the platinum selling CD/DVD. Johnson plays Fender Stratocasters and Gibson ES-335 electric guitars through a triple amp setup, consisting of vintage Fender and Marshall amplifiers.
- Bloc Party's Kele Okereke to release 'world's first 3D printed record'
- UK's number one single sales of 2013 at highest level for 15 years
- Spotify 'to rival iTunes Radio with free music mobile app'
- Paul Weller, Gaz Coombes perform in London for Save The Children charity
- TOY unveil full UK tour for February 2014