Listeners of the Planet Rock radio station have named Led Zeppelin as the most influential rock band of all time.
The legendary group polled over one fifth of all votes cast, with Queen in second place and Black Sabbath third.
The top five places are completed by Pink Floyd and Deep Purple, while The Who, The Rolling Stones and David Bowie have also been voted into the top ten.
After their 2007 reunion show in London was given a DVD release last year, Robert Plant recently hinted his is open to the idea of Led Zeppelin playing live together once again in 2014, as he has ‘nothing to do’ then and is waiting for contact from Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.
Planet Rock DJ Darren Redick announced the rundown on the station over the weekend.
1/ Led Zeppelin
3/ Black Sabbath
4/ Pink Floyd
5/ Deep Purple
6/ Jimi Hendrix
7/ The Rolling Stones
8/ The Who
10/ David Bowie
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage