Muse have now spent the most weeks at the summit of Billboard’s Alternative Chart thanks to their 2012 single ‘Madness‘.
The track acted as the lead single for Muse’s sixth studio effort ‘The 2nd Law‘, and is one of the more prominent exponents of the band’s nod towards dubstep which had been the subject of plenty of debate ahead of its release. ‘Madness’ has spent 19 weeks at number one on the alternative charts in the US, beating the previous record set by Foo Fighters‘ 2007 single ‘The Pretender‘.
Meanwhile, Muse have announced their gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire on February 18th which celebrates the 20th anniversary of War Child is to be streamed live on YouTube at this link from 9.30pm (GMT) on the night of the show.
“We are proud to have a continuing association with War Child, who have been doing amazing work over the last 20 years,” Matt Bellamy has said of the show. “It’s great to see their efforts being recognised at this year’s Brits and we are really looking forward to playing this special show for them.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: The Bulletproof Bomb, Sauna Youth and more
- Wilko Johnson unveils UK tour dates
- Metronomy, The Horrors and Drenge join Blur at British Summer Time
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens