Jack White has recorded three tracks with Butthole Surfers frontman Gibby Haynes for the latest in his Third Man Records’ Blue Series of releases, one of which, ‘Paul’s Not Home‘, can be heard via Soundcloud below.
The cover of the Adrenalin OD track is joined on the release by new songs ‘You Don’t Have To Be Smart‘ and ‘Horse Named George‘, with Haynes providing vocals and Jack White manning the guitar. It will be available from February 14th, while a limited edition 7″ version is to be pressed on to old medical X-rays, as you do, for what White has dubbed a ‘flex-ray disc’.
These very special editions will be sold from Third Man’s Rolling Record Store van when it parks up at the South By Southwest in Texas next month.
Previous records included on the Third Man Records’ Blue Series have come from Laura Marling, Tom Jones, Insane Clown Posse, Jeff The Brotherhood and Beck.
- Both Alt-J and Florence & The Machine confirm for another summer festival
- Bon Iver's Justin Vernon confirms new Eaux Claires Music & Arts festival
- Ride's Mark Gardener and Andy Bell sign up for intimate War Child gig
- The Wombats return with new album, European tour
- The Jesus & Mary Chain take 'Pyschocandy' celebrations to Bilbao BBK Live