With their third album ‘Holy Fire‘ about to make an appearance next month, Foals have posted the video for ‘My Number‘ after the track itself was unveiled late last year. It can be watched through YouTube below.
The single shows off the constantly broadening sound of the Oxfordshire band, who moved on from solid but unspectacular indie roots to produce one of the best received records of 2010 with their second effort ‘Total Life Forever‘.
Frontman Yannis Philippakis has already been describing the influences which played a strong role in the writing of ‘Holy Fire’, telling the Daily Star last month:
“The stuff we were recording tended to be slower because we were listening to James Brown and Southern hip-hop. We weren’t excited by a rigid four-to-the-floor indie beat any more.There’s not a tight concept like the other ones – it was a much more liberated experience.”
“‘Holy Fire’s summed up a number of ideas. There are some religious themes and there’s a voodoo influence on the record too.”
After its release on February 11th, the new album will be showed off during a March UK tour, which is preceded by an Irish gig at the Dublin Academy on February 28th.
- Kasabian's Serge Pizzorno already planning 'heavy, bombastic' new album
- Christopher Owens unveils 'Never Wanna See That Look Again' video
- The Twilight Sad unveil first official single from new album
- Catfish & The Bottlemen: New album is about 'chasing girls and getting out of a small town'
- Video: Alt-J, Ryan Adams play new series of Later...With Jools Holland