Muse have been confirmed as the headliners for this year’s War Child Brit Awards concert, which will take place in London two days before the ceremony.
The War Child charity is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and has a long association with the rock world, stretching back to 1995 and the ‘Help!‘ album. It is set to be presented with a special recognition prize on behalf of the Brit Awards in February.
Muse follow the likes of Coldplay, The Killers, Kasabian and Blur in performing at the War Child concert, which is held on February 18th at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Other special guests are due to be announced shortly.
“We are proud to have a continuing association with War Child, who have been doing amazing work over the last 20 years,” Matt Bellamy has said. “It’s great to see their efforts being recognised at this year’s Brits and we are really looking forward to playing this special show for them.”
Tickets go onsale from 9am on February 1st, priced at £50.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman