After a live version was circulated online earlier this week, Local Natives have now posted a studio recording of ‘Heavy Feet‘ on Soundcloud, which can be streamed below.
The track is due to feature on the Los Angeles band’s long awaited ‘Gorilla Manor‘ follow-up ‘Hummingbird‘, which is set for release on January 28th. The new album was recorded in both Montreal and Brooklyn with The National‘s Aaron Dessner. “One night, after maybe drinking a little bit too much, he was like, ‘Maybe I should work with you guys’,” Local Native Matt Frazier has said of their work together.
“We were like, ‘Sure buddy’. After meeting with all these other producers, it just seemed like we should work with somebody we really get along with and respect as a songwriter.”
The second record is being showcased on a long European tour which will resume with a UK leg that launches on February 8th at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. F A N S, Ball Park Music and more
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony