After a live version was circulated online earlier this week, Local Natives have now posted a studio recording of ‘Heavy Feet‘ on Soundcloud, which can be streamed below.
The track is due to feature on the Los Angeles band’s long awaited ‘Gorilla Manor‘ follow-up ‘Hummingbird‘, which is set for release on January 28th. The new album was recorded in both Montreal and Brooklyn with The National‘s Aaron Dessner. “One night, after maybe drinking a little bit too much, he was like, ‘Maybe I should work with you guys’,” Local Native Matt Frazier has said of their work together.
“We were like, ‘Sure buddy’. After meeting with all these other producers, it just seemed like we should work with somebody we really get along with and respect as a songwriter.”
The second record is being showcased on a long European tour which will resume with a UK leg that launches on February 8th at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.
- Interpol premiere 'My Desire' video
- Isle Of Wight organiser: 'If boring acts like Ed Sheeran are the future then we're all screwed!'
- The Charlatans confirm new album, UK tour
- Rob Da Bank, Catfish & The Bottlemen win at Festival Congress Awards
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City