After a live version was circulated online earlier this week, Local Natives have now posted a studio recording of ‘Heavy Feet‘ on Soundcloud, which can be streamed below.
The track is due to feature on the Los Angeles band’s long awaited ‘Gorilla Manor‘ follow-up ‘Hummingbird‘, which is set for release on January 28th. The new album was recorded in both Montreal and Brooklyn with The National‘s Aaron Dessner. “One night, after maybe drinking a little bit too much, he was like, ‘Maybe I should work with you guys’,” Local Native Matt Frazier has said of their work together.
“We were like, ‘Sure buddy’. After meeting with all these other producers, it just seemed like we should work with somebody we really get along with and respect as a songwriter.”
The second record is being showcased on a long European tour which will resume with a UK leg that launches on February 8th at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds.
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage