Bradley Wiggins celebrated his triumph at the BBC’s Sports Personality Of The Year Awards ceremony last night (December 16th) by joining the after-party’s house band for an impromtu cover of the Oasis classic ‘Wonderwall‘.
A short clip has been posted on YouTube and can be viewed below.
According to reports the cyclist, whose impeccable music taste and mod fashion style has been as much a story for British newspapers as his sporting triumphs during the course of this year, also helped the band perform a version of The Jam‘s ‘That’s Entertainment‘.
After becoming the first Briton to win the Tour De France and securing the 2012 Olympic time-trial gold just days later, Bradley Wiggins was voted as the winner by a public vote from one of the most hotly contested annual Sports Personality Of The Year shortlists ever.
Olympic Heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis was runner-up with US Open and gold medal winning tennis star Andy Murray in third place.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015