Bradley Wiggins celebrated his triumph at the BBC’s Sports Personality Of The Year Awards ceremony last night (December 16th) by joining the after-party’s house band for an impromtu cover of the Oasis classic ‘Wonderwall‘.
A short clip has been posted on YouTube and can be viewed below.
According to reports the cyclist, whose impeccable music taste and mod fashion style has been as much a story for British newspapers as his sporting triumphs during the course of this year, also helped the band perform a version of The Jam‘s ‘That’s Entertainment‘.
After becoming the first Briton to win the Tour De France and securing the 2012 Olympic time-trial gold just days later, Bradley Wiggins was voted as the winner by a public vote from one of the most hotly contested annual Sports Personality Of The Year shortlists ever.
Olympic Heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis was runner-up with US Open and gold medal winning tennis star Andy Murray in third place.
- OxfordOxford Festival, starring Klaxons, cancelled due to poor ticket sales
- Edwyn Collins praises The Black Keys' 'A Girl Like You' cover
- Tanya Tagaq beats Arcade Fire to the 2014 Polaris Music Prize
- Beck begins Conan's George Harrison celebrations with 'Wah Wah' cover
- Pink Floyd reveal 'The Endless River' artwork, tracklist