Johnny Marr will head out on his first major solo tour of the UK next year soon after the release of his new album ‘The Messenger‘.
The tour opens up on March 10th at the Oxford Academy, and includes a stop at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London five days later. A single Scottish gig will arrive on March 19th, with a hometown date at the Manchester HMV Ritz rounding the tour off on the 22nd.
‘The Messenger’ is due for release on February 25th 2013. “I didn’t want to be in someone else’s band at this point,” Marr recently told NME. “In the past I might have been reluctant to stand up front, and I’ve been lucky enough to be in bands with great singers, so it wasn’t necessary. But this is my band now, and the frontman in my band has to play guitar. I do both.”
2013 tour dates:
Oxford, O2 Academy (10)
Norwich, Waterfront (11)
Cambridge, Junction (12)
Brighton, Concorde (14)
London, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (15)
Birmingham, HMV Institute (16)
Sheffield, Leadmill (18)
Glasgow, ABC (19)
Liverpool O2, Academy (20)
Manchester, HMV Ritz (22)
- Bloc Party's Kele Okereke to release 'world's first 3D printed record'
- UK's number one single sales of 2013 at highest level for 15 years
- Spotify 'to rival iTunes Radio with free music mobile app'
- Paul Weller, Gaz Coombes perform in London for Save The Children charity
- TOY unveil full UK tour for February 2014