Johnny Marr will head out on his first major solo tour of the UK next year soon after the release of his new album ‘The Messenger‘.
The tour opens up on March 10th at the Oxford Academy, and includes a stop at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London five days later. A single Scottish gig will arrive on March 19th, with a hometown date at the Manchester HMV Ritz rounding the tour off on the 22nd.
‘The Messenger’ is due for release on February 25th 2013. “I didn’t want to be in someone else’s band at this point,” Marr recently told NME. “In the past I might have been reluctant to stand up front, and I’ve been lucky enough to be in bands with great singers, so it wasn’t necessary. But this is my band now, and the frontman in my band has to play guitar. I do both.”
2013 tour dates:
Oxford, O2 Academy (10)
Norwich, Waterfront (11)
Cambridge, Junction (12)
Brighton, Concorde (14)
London, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (15)
Birmingham, HMV Institute (16)
Sheffield, Leadmill (18)
Glasgow, ABC (19)
Liverpool O2, Academy (20)
Manchester, HMV Ritz (22)
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. F A N S, Ball Park Music and more
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony