Dave Grohl has been confirmed as the South By Southwest Festival’s keynote speaker for 2013.
Grohl will give his speech on Thursday, March 14th 2013 inside Austin’s Convention Centre – the regular focal point for the Texas city’s month long festival of music, film and interactivity.
Grohl’s keynote speech will act as the centre-piece for another hectic week of gigs, showcases and talks, when countless upcoming bands from around the world will hope to introduce themselves to hundreds of music industry executives, journalists and fans.
Alt-J, Klaxons and Holy Esque were among the first wave of invited acts for next year’s event to be unveiled earlier this month, the full list of which can be be viewed here.
SXSW selected invited acts:
The Black and White Years
John Cooper Clarke
Kill It Kid
Said The Whale
The Sam Willows
Two Hours Traffic
- Manchester Orchestra announce 'Cope' follow-up LP
- Julian Casablancas on The Strokes' live plans: Touring is 'a great way to destroy a band'
- The Subways unveil self-titled new album, 2015 tour dates
- Queen to release new album with unheard Freddie Mercury songs
- Caitlin Rose shares track written with The Vaccines' Justin Young