Dave Grohl has been confirmed as the South By Southwest Festival’s keynote speaker for 2013.
Grohl will give his speech on Thursday, March 14th 2013 inside Austin’s Convention Centre - the regular focal point for the Texas city’s month long festival of music, film and interactivity.
Grohl’s keynote speech will act as the centre-piece for another hectic week of gigs, showcases and talks, when countless upcoming bands from around the world will hope to introduce themselves to hundreds of music industry executives, journalists and fans.
Alt-J, Klaxons and Holy Esque were among the first wave of invited acts for next year’s event to be unveiled earlier this month, the full list of which can be be viewed here.
SXSW selected invited acts:
The Black and White Years
John Cooper Clarke
Kill It Kid
Said The Whale
The Sam Willows
Two Hours Traffic
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony
- The Jim Jones Revue to launch North American tour this weekend