Dave Grohl has been confirmed as the South By Southwest Festival’s keynote speaker for 2013.
Grohl will give his speech on Thursday, March 14th 2013 inside Austin’s Convention Centre – the regular focal point for the Texas city’s month long festival of music, film and interactivity.
Grohl’s keynote speech will act as the centre-piece for another hectic week of gigs, showcases and talks, when countless upcoming bands from around the world will hope to introduce themselves to hundreds of music industry executives, journalists and fans.
Alt-J, Klaxons and Holy Esque were among the first wave of invited acts for next year’s event to be unveiled earlier this month, the full list of which can be be viewed here.
SXSW selected invited acts:
The Black and White Years
John Cooper Clarke
Kill It Kid
Said The Whale
The Sam Willows
Two Hours Traffic
- Morrissey singles out O2 Arena as best gig of European tour
- Live4ever's Essential Listening 2014: The Albums
- Live4ever's Essential Listening 2014: The Twilight Sad on 'Nobody Wants To Be Here...'
- Ed Sheeran remains at number one on UK Record Store Chart
- The Rolling Stones post video message thanking fans for successful year