Dave Grohl has been confirmed as the South By Southwest Festival’s keynote speaker for 2013.
Grohl will give his speech on Thursday, March 14th 2013 inside Austin’s Convention Centre - the regular focal point for the Texas city’s month long festival of music, film and interactivity.
Grohl’s keynote speech will act as the centre-piece for another hectic week of gigs, showcases and talks, when countless upcoming bands from around the world will hope to introduce themselves to hundreds of music industry executives, journalists and fans.
Alt-J, Klaxons and Holy Esque were among the first wave of invited acts for next year’s event to be unveiled earlier this month, the full list of which can be be viewed here.
SXSW selected invited acts:
The Black and White Years
John Cooper Clarke
Kill It Kid
Said The Whale
The Sam Willows
Two Hours Traffic
- Video: Metallica unveil first Through The Never movie trailer
- The Beach Boys to perform with pop acts JLS and The Saturdays at A Day In The Park
- Muse begin UK stadium tour in Coventry
- Video: Arctic Monkeys debut brand new song during first gig of 2013
- Mick Jagger planning a camping weekend at Glastonbury