Over 2000 people were quizzed for the poll, with Adele proving the favourite immediately ahead of Coldplay, who have previously topped the poll in 2008 and 2010.
“Results from various sleep studies undertaken with a variety of male and female groups, has indicated that listening to soft, relaxing music at bedtime leads to a number of different benefits to a night’s sleep,” Edinburgh Sleep Centre expert Stevie Williams has commented.
Coldplay’s fellow soft rock types Snow Patrol were also in the Top 5, as were teen pop calendar shifters One Direction.
“After a long stressful day it’s essential that you de-stress to aid sleep and listening to music will help focus your attention and assist your body and mind to relax,” a spokeswoman for the Travelodge group helpfully adds.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'