Over 2000 people were quizzed for the poll, with Adele proving the favourite immediately ahead of Coldplay, who have previously topped the poll in 2008 and 2010.
“Results from various sleep studies undertaken with a variety of male and female groups, has indicated that listening to soft, relaxing music at bedtime leads to a number of different benefits to a night’s sleep,” Edinburgh Sleep Centre expert Stevie Williams has commented.
Coldplay’s fellow soft rock types Snow Patrol were also in the Top 5, as were teen pop calendar shifters One Direction.
“After a long stressful day it’s essential that you de-stress to aid sleep and listening to music will help focus your attention and assist your body and mind to relax,” a spokeswoman for the Travelodge group helpfully adds.
- The Rolling Stones confirm North American stadium dates
- Grant Nicholas: 'Feeder’s heart is still beating strong and we will be back soon'
- Review: The Prodigy - 'The Day Is My Enemy'
- The Vaccines confirm new single 'Dream Lover'
- Interview: Grant Nicholas talks Feeder, solo albums and the current state of music