After being one of the regular subjects of his laconic tongue over the years, Keane seem to think they have finally got one back on Noel Gallagher after winning the Best Video prize at yesterday’s (October 22nd) Q Awards.
Keane picked up the gong thanks to the promo for their single ‘Disconnected‘ ahead of Noel Gallagher’s ‘Everybody’s On The Run‘, while Arctic Monkeys‘ ‘R U Mine?‘, ‘Runaways‘ by The Killers and Nicki Minaj‘s ‘Starships‘ were the other nominees to miss out.
And, when speaking to BANG Showbiz after their win, Keane singer Tom Chaplin said: “It’s always good to put one over Noel. Although I think secretly he loves us! Although I don’t think these events should be competitive really.”
“Q is one of the few magazines left that has real artistic integrity. It’s nice that they’ve nominated us as part of that. Inevitably I think about what I might say. My brain throws up lots of ridiculous things that I’m going to say and then when I get there they all go out of my head.”
Here’s Keane talking about their award winning music video “Disconnected”:
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015