Coldplay are to host an exhibition of their original artwork which will be available to purchase with all proceeds going towards the Kids Company charity.
The exhibition will include three original paintings on canvas by the band and artist Paris, who collaborated on the artwork for Coldplay’s most recent album ‘Mylo Xyloto‘.
In addition, a second wall has also been painted by Paris along with children from the charity. The event will be held at Proud Galleries in London next month.
“Kids Company is a phenomenal organisation that is very close to our hearts,” Chris Martin has said. “While we were making the last album we did quite a lot of painting with our friend Paris.”
“We built a special wall in our studio and sprayed it, wrote on it and threw things at it until it eventually became the artwork for ‘Mylo Xyloto’. This exhibition will be the first time that the wall has appeared in public.”Just Published:
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman
- The Psychedelic Furs announce summer North American tour