The xx performed their new single ‘Angels‘ live on Conan O’Brien’s US chat show last night (July 24th), footage of which can be viewed below.
The track is the first official taster to be taken from the London trio’s forthcoming second album ‘Coexist‘, which has been produced by band member Jamie Smith and will be released on September 10th. It is the follow-up to 2009′s Mercury prize winning self-titled debut.
“It’s been a long time since we’ve played you anything new,” the band said when unveiling the single on Facebook earlier this month.
“This song is called ‘Angels’, it is the first single from our new album, ‘Coexist’. We’ve been playing this song live recently, so it feels good to share with you the version we’ve been working on for so long. We hope you like it. xx The xx.”
The xx have previewed their new album during a series of recent low-key UK shows, and are due to appear at this year’s Bestival event later this summer.Just Published:
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman
- The Psychedelic Furs announce summer North American tour