Ryan Adams has unveiled plans to release a new box-set courtesy of a short message posted on the songwriter’s official Facebook page.
The Facebook message gives the box-set the title ‘Live After Deaf‘, but doesn’t disclose a specific release date.
Along side an image of the collection, yesterday’s (June 14th) message reads: “Live After Deaf. Friday. This will not be repressed.”
The new release is likely to be the result of Adams’ change of tact with regards to live recordings of his shows during the Ashes & Fire tour, when he stopped allowing fans to openly bootleg his gigs with the promise of issuing official live material at some stage in the future.
‘Live After Deaf’ is expected to be released on Ryan Adams’ own PAX-AM label – as ‘Ashes & Fire‘ was last year – and whose title is a reference to the inner ear disorder Meniere’s disease which Adams suffers from, and which forced him to take a prolonged break from music in 2001.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman