Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner is turning his attentions to album five, and may opt to write a portion of it on the road.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Turner explained how he wants a ‘head start’ on the principal work for the follow-up to last year’s ‘Suck It and See‘, and thus may try his hand at penning some tracks while on the road.
“I don’t try to write on the road,” he said. “I might try to this time, just for a change. Usually, I get home and I realize it’s bad, so I’ve not done it in the past.”
“We’ve messed around in soundchecks, but I’m not gonna meet a deadline, and it’s not like I need to write, though I want a head start for the next time around.”
Arctic Monkeys quietly premiered the new track ‘R U Mine?‘ via YouTube last week, though no plans for an official release have yet been disclosed.
- 2014 Mercury Prize nominees to be revealed next week
- Franz Ferdinand, Mogwai to push for Scottish independence at Edinburgh gig
- Eight Kate Bush albums re-enter UK's Top 40
- Royal Blood unveil UK tour after securing fastest selling rock debut in three years
- Review: Leeds Festival 2014 - Arctic Monkeys, Queens Of The Stone Age and more