The Vaccines‘ debut album ‘What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?‘ has been named as the winner of XFM’s New Music Award 2012.
The record had faced stiff competition from the likes of James Blake, Ed Sheeran and Miles Kane, but has come out on top after being praised for being a ‘straight out of the block, perfectly formed debut’.
The winner was picked by a panel of ten industry figures, which featured Dominic Howard and Chris Wolstenholme from Muse, Tom Smith from Editors, Craig Potter from Elbow, Peter Hook, Tim Burgess of The Charlatans, Snow Patrol‘s Gary Lightbody, Charlie Fink from Noah and The Whale, plus Xfm’s John Kennedy, Clint Boon, Mary Anne Hobbs, Danny Wallace and Gordon Smart.
Also also on the panel were Sarah Walters of the Manchester Evening News, Tim Ingham from Music Week, David Morgendorff from MTV, John Hirst of HMV and producer John Leckie, who has remarked: “It’s fresh and up and got character. Good running order of tracks and feels like a great gig. It defines the terms of what a debut album should be.”
- 2:54 unveil second album 'The Other I' with UK tour dates
- Kate Bush begins live residency at London's Eventim Apollo
- Morrissey curates tracklist for new Ramones compilation
- Dry The River, Pulled Apart By Horses to help celebrate Transgressive's 10th birthday
- Pulled Apart By Horses stream new album after late Leeds Festival cancellation