Bon Jovi have become the first act to be confirmed as headliners at next year’s Hard Rock Calling festival, which will take place in London’s Hyde Park between June 24th-26th 2011.
In addition, the US supergroup have also announced a series of their own headline UK shows prior to their festival appearance; they will play Scotland’s Murrayfield venue on June 22nd and Manchester’s Old Trafford Cricket Ground on June 24th.
Hard Rock Calling was initiated in 2006 originally under the banner ‘Hyde Park Calling‘ and has boasted some impressive headline bookings in the intervening years, which have including the likes of Roger Waters, The Who and Neil Young. The event extended to three days in 2009 and was topped this summer by Pearl Jam, Stevie Wonder and Sir Paul McCartney.
Tickets for Bon Jovi are due to go on sale next Monday (November 1st) from 9am (GMT).
Bon Jovi Dates:
Murrayfield Stadium (22)
Lancashire CCC (24)
Hard Rock Calling (25)
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman