UK and US Bands slug it out for bragging rights in new poll.
What do disco era super band The Village People and UK rock legends Led Zeppelin have in common? Anyone? Well both groups made the top ten run off in Madison Square Garden’s Greatest Concert of the 1970’s – 2000s poll.
The ‘world’s greatest arena posted 100 of their best concert performances on their homepage and asked visitors to vote for the final ten bands now in the running for the top spot. The illustrious selection of 10 bands might hold a few surprises for some of you.
The Jackson family placed no less than 3 finalists in the top 10 with 2 of Michael’s concerts and one of sister Janet’s shows making the final poll list. The Brits had a strong showing with 4 top contenders voted in to the finals.
Over The Hills and Far Away , Led Zeppelin , Madison Square Garden , 1973
You can hop on over to MSG.com and vote for your winner and check out the full photo gallery of participating bands which were shot performing on stage over the many decades.
The Final 10 Bands:
Led Zeppelin, 1973
Village People, June 1979
Duran Duran, 1984
Phil Collins, 1985
Peter Gabriel, 1986
Whitney Houston, 1987
Michael Jackson, 1988
Barbra Streisand, 1994
Michael Jackson, 2001
(photo courtesy: MSG.com)
- Noel Gallagher premieres official 'In The Heat Of The Moment' video
- Review: The Twilight Sad - 'Nobody Wants To Be Here and Nobody Wants To Leave'
- Carl Barat, Dry The River lead first names confirmed for SXSW 2015
- Ben Howard leading new entries on UK Album Chart
- Wilko Johnson declares himself 'cured' after cancer operation