The Hives bring some live news from their socially distanced homeland.
‘The World’s First World Wide Web World Tour’ – it’s essentially some livestreamed gigs planned for next month and tailor-made for their fans in Berlin, London, New York, Sydney, Sao Paulo and Stockholm. But this being The Hives, they’ve got much bigger plans than that.
“First, there was no-knead bread, then came no-wrinkle shirts, and now we witness the birth of the No Travel World Tour!!!,” they’ve said on social media.
“We will play live shows for specific cities, even if it means we play at 6am or some other totally bullshit time for a rock ‘n’ roller. (We’re looking at you, Australia.) All this from a hermetically sealed, virus-safe bunker in Sweden.”
“The only thing missing is the most important thing: You, the crowd.”
“To address this:
– You will be able to send in audio messages and they will be played for The Hives in the room in real-time. As if you were in the crowd shouting!
– We will be accepting telephone calls!
– You will vote on a selection of songs we include in the set!
– Bright lights, loud noises!
– We will use crowd noise recorded in the very same city we are playing for. The New York show will have real New Yorkians cheering and screaming in the background. The Sydney show will have actual Sydneyans, and Berlin bang-on bonafide Berlinus berlinus, and so forth.”
21 – Berlin, 20:00 CET
22 – London, 8:00pm GMT
23 – New York, 7:00pm ET
28 – Sydney, 9:00pm AEDT
29 – São Paulo, 20:00 BRT
30 – Stockholm, 20:00 CET