U2 Aim For Special Glastonbury Show

u2_smallU2 guitarist The Edge has spoken of his excitement at their upcoming headline slot at this year’s Glastonbury Festival, after admitting he had previously been sceptical about the annual event.

Speaking in The Times newspaper, he said: “If we don’t do it now, we never will. I’m going along to check it out as much as anything but I have a good feeling about it. I’d like to hope we can make our mark.”

It is still unconfirmed as to who will join U2 during the weekend, which will run at Worth Farm from 25th – 27th June, with The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Muse amongst the favourites to take the remaining headline spots.

Co-organiser Emily Eavis confirmed before Christmas that one other act had been confirmed for Saturday night, with three other acts in contention for the remaining place. “Saturday night is confirmed,” she told GlastonburyFestivals.co.uk. “And for Sunday night, we’re looking at three main options right now. That’s all being sorted out at the moment.”

Expectations are high for this year, which will be the festival’s 40th anniversary, after last year’s event enjoyed three memorable headline performances from Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur – who went on to win Best Headliner at the 2009 UK Festival awards.

Learn More

Leave a Reply