‘Ancient Ways‘ has been lifted from Interpol‘s upcoming ‘El Pintor‘ album and can be heard via YouTube below.
Interpol will follow their self-titled LP of 2010 on September 8th this year after working on new material at the Electric Lady and Atomic Sound studios in New York City.
They invited Brandon Curtis, once of Secret Machines, along for the ride to lay down keyboards on nine songs, with Beck cohort Roger Joseph Manning Jr. doing the job on the remaining track ‘Tidal Wave‘. Frontman Paul Banks, meanwhile, got friendly with the bass guitar in the studio thanks to the departures of Carlos Dengler and Dave Pajo.
Interpol will play a handful of dates in the UK and Ireland at the start of 2015, beginning with two nights at the London Roundhouse on February 6th and 7th. A show at the Manchester Albert Hall follows on the 8th, as do two dates at Dublin’s Olympia venue on the 10th and 11th.
- Alt-J, Band Of Skulls, Jungle for new Later...With Jools Holland series
- Suede frontman Brett Anderson regrets the band's 'cartoonish' 90s look
- Jack White posts video for 'Would You Fight For My Love?'
- Sound City Studios owner Tom Skeeter dies
- Robert Plant, Ryan Adams, Interpol enjoy high new entries on UK Record Store Chart