‘Ancient Ways‘ has been lifted from Interpol‘s upcoming ‘El Pintor‘ album and can be heard via YouTube below.
Interpol will follow their self-titled LP of 2010 on September 8th this year after working on new material at the Electric Lady and Atomic Sound studios in New York City.
They invited Brandon Curtis, once of Secret Machines, along for the ride to lay down keyboards on nine songs, with Beck cohort Roger Joseph Manning Jr. doing the job on the remaining track ‘Tidal Wave‘. Frontman Paul Banks, meanwhile, got friendly with the bass guitar in the studio thanks to the departures of Carlos Dengler and Dave Pajo.
Interpol will play a handful of dates in the UK and Ireland at the start of 2015, beginning with two nights at the London Roundhouse on February 6th and 7th. A show at the Manchester Albert Hall follows on the 8th, as do two dates at Dublin’s Olympia venue on the 10th and 11th.
- Acoustic performance of Courtney Barnett's 'Depreston' shared online
- Foo Fighters' North American tour looks set to go ahead as planned
- Spector confirm new album 'Moth Boys'
- Noel Gallagher pursuing a 'brand new way of working' on third solo album
- Foo Fighters, Muse, Oasis early favourites for Glastonbury 2016