The Glastonbury festival is soon to start inviting new bands and artists to submit their work for the 2014 Emerging Talent Competition to be in with a chance of performing on the Pyramid Stage at Worthy Farm this coming June.
From January 20th-27th, acts will be able to provide one song on Soundcloud as well as a video of a live performance, after which a panel of judges will pick a longlist of 120 of the best submissions. From there, a final eight will be invited to a live showcase in April when the winning act is to be decided. More information can be found at glastonburyfestivals.co.uk.
“We get very excited about new music, and the Emerging Talent Competition is just a brilliant way for us to discover fresh talent,” Emily Eavis says. “Our stage bookers come down to the live finals, and dozens of the acts who’ve entered over the years have been given a slot at the Festival. We can’t wait to see what this year’s competition brings!”
Previous winners of the Emerging Talent Competition include Stornoway, Treetop Flyers, Ellen and the Escapades and The Subways.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Two Cartoons, Divers and more
- Patrick Carney's injury forces The Black Keys to cancel UK arena tour
- Interpol release 'Everything Is Wrong' video
- Manic Street Preachers plot North American 'Holy Bible' anniversary shows
- Parquet Courts to release live album recorded at Jack White's Third Man studios