Ex The Verve members Nick McCabe and Simon Jones are finally set to release their debut album with new band Black Submarine. “New Shores” is scheduled for release on March 9th via Kobalt Music.
The pair have been working with Davide Rossi (multi-instrumentalist/string arranger for Goldfrapp/Coldplay), Michele ‘Mig’ Schillace (ex-drummer for Portishead/Santa Cruz) and London-based vocalist Amelia Tucker since 2008 after Rossi provided the string parts for The Verve’s “Forth“.
After originally releasing their ‘Kurofune EP’ as Black Ships in 2011, the five passed ideas between their home set ups, with Tucker working into the material the band had generated in Denmark and a year later, they reconvened in McCabe’s South London studio.
A track from the album ‘Black Submarine’ is available to download now as a preview to the album.
You can check out Black Submarine performing ‘New Shores’ to live audiences in February at two exclusive UK headline shows. Dates are as follows:
Weds 5th – Manchester , Deaf Institute
Thurs 6th – London , Wilton’s Music Hall
Watch the new video for title track Black Submarine below:
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. F A N S, Ball Park Music and more
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony