A short video trailer for the upcoming posthumous Johnny Cash album ‘Out Among The Stars’ has been released online and can be viewed below.
The video offers a clip of ‘She Used To Love Me a Lot‘ which, despite being recorded in the mid-Eighties with Wayne Jennings, has a distinct echo of the Rick Rubin ‘American‘ recordings which would go on to revitalise Cash’s career at the start of this century.
The long-lost songs date from the latter period of Johnny Cash’s spell with Columbia, and were uncovered by John Carter Cash from his father’s extensive archives. The resultant album will be released on March 25th 2014.
“They never threw anything away,” John Carter Cash has said. “They kept everything in their lives. They had an archive that had everything in it from the original audio tapes from `The Johnny Cash Show’ to random things like a camel saddle, a gift from the prince of Saudi Arabia.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'