A short video trailer for the upcoming posthumous Johnny Cash album ‘Out Among The Stars’ has been released online and can be viewed below.
The video offers a clip of ‘She Used To Love Me a Lot‘ which, despite being recorded in the mid-Eighties with Wayne Jennings, has a distinct echo of the Rick Rubin ‘American‘ recordings which would go on to revitalise Cash’s career at the start of this century.
The long-lost songs date from the latter period of Johnny Cash’s spell with Columbia, and were uncovered by John Carter Cash from his father’s extensive archives. The resultant album will be released on March 25th 2014.
“They never threw anything away,” John Carter Cash has said. “They kept everything in their lives. They had an archive that had everything in it from the original audio tapes from `The Johnny Cash Show’ to random things like a camel saddle, a gift from the prince of Saudi Arabia.”
- New Order confirm Brandon Flowers, Iggy Pop on new album
- Blur pick Courtney Barnett for US tour support
- Twin Atlantic premiere official video for 'Fall Into The Party'
- Maximo Park frontman Paul Smith unveils new solo single 'Break Me Down'
- Noel Gallagher, Led Zeppelin, Stone Roses have UK's top selling vinyl albums of 2015 so far