Paul McCartney will become the latest big-name act to perform for BBC Radio 2’s In Concert series at the Maida Vale Studios when an intimate show takes place later this month.
McCartney will record the concert on Wednesday, October 16th from 1pm, which is to be broadcast on the radio station later that evening. Footage will then follow on the BBC’s Red Button service from November 7th.
“Paul McCartney is a true music legend and we are extremely excited to have him as part of our In Concert lineup,” head of music on BBC Radio 2, Jeff Smith, remarks. “The Radio 2 audience are in for a real treat and I’m sure this will be a concert to remember.”
The gig is held in the week of the release of Sir Paul’s latest studio album ‘New‘. A deluxe, expanded edition of the LP carries two brand new recordings – ‘Turned Out‘ and ‘Get Me Out Of Here‘, which have been produced by Ethan Johns and Giles Martin.
- Acoustic performance of Courtney Barnett's 'Depreston' shared online
- Foo Fighters' North American tour looks set to go ahead as planned
- Spector confirm new album 'Moth Boys'
- Noel Gallagher pursuing a 'brand new way of working' on third solo album
- Foo Fighters, Muse, Oasis early favourites for Glastonbury 2016