Paul McCartney will become the latest big-name act to perform for BBC Radio 2’s In Concert series at the Maida Vale Studios when an intimate show takes place later this month.
McCartney will record the concert on Wednesday, October 16th from 1pm, which is to be broadcast on the radio station later that evening. Footage will then follow on the BBC’s Red Button service from November 7th.
“Paul McCartney is a true music legend and we are extremely excited to have him as part of our In Concert lineup,” head of music on BBC Radio 2, Jeff Smith, remarks. “The Radio 2 audience are in for a real treat and I’m sure this will be a concert to remember.”
The gig is held in the week of the release of Sir Paul’s latest studio album ‘New‘. A deluxe, expanded edition of the LP carries two brand new recordings – ‘Turned Out‘ and ‘Get Me Out Of Here‘, which have been produced by Ethan Johns and Giles Martin.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015