Artists, historians, music industry insiders and fan votes will all now be used to ultimately decide the five inductees for next year, with The Replacements, Peter Gabriel, N.W.A., Chic, Cat Stevens, KISS, Hall and Oates, The Zombies, The Meters, Linda Ronstadt, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band and tremelo pioneer Link Wray also in with a chance of inclusion.
Fans can play their part by voting over at RollingStone.com until December 10th, before the 2014 Hall Of Fame ceremony is held next April.
Acts who released their first official recording at least 25 years ago become eligible for the honour. Deep Purple and Chic were also close to being named on the list for 2013, but were pipped by Rush, Public Enemy and the late Donna Summer among others.
- Kaiser Chiefs post new track 'Misery Company' online
- Jake Bugg, Arctic Monkeys among UK's biggest selling albums of the year
- Actor Ben Whishaw 'replaces Sacha Baron Cohen in Freddie Mercury biopic'
- Biffy Clyro to headline next year's Isle Of Wight festival
- Kings Of Leon add extra dates to 2014 North American tour