Artists, historians, music industry insiders and fan votes will all now be used to ultimately decide the five inductees for next year, with The Replacements, Peter Gabriel, N.W.A., Chic, Cat Stevens, KISS, Hall and Oates, The Zombies, The Meters, Linda Ronstadt, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band and tremelo pioneer Link Wray also in with a chance of inclusion.
Fans can play their part by voting over at RollingStone.com until December 10th, before the 2014 Hall Of Fame ceremony is held next April.
Acts who released their first official recording at least 25 years ago become eligible for the honour. Deep Purple and Chic were also close to being named on the list for 2013, but were pipped by Rush, Public Enemy and the late Donna Summer among others.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Aaron Keylock, Jim Valentine and more
- Ride's reunion tour sells out within half an hour
- Special releases from The Beatles, The Who to support independent record shops
- Jamie T cancels European live dates on medical advice
- Kasabian 'shocked' at Glasgow display which read 'London is full of c*nts'