Back in the summer, White confirmed he had been working on new material with the Dead Weather – along with solo and Raconteurs sessions – after the band’s last studio effort ‘Sea Of Cowards’ proved to be the forbearer of a period of inactivity following its arrival in May 2010.
And the fruits of those sessions are now about to emerge, with a series of singles planned to run right into 2015, when they will be brought together on a full length album.
The first single out through Third Man’s subscription-only Vault series is ‘Open Up (That’s Enough)‘/’Rough Detective‘, available on the 7″ format.
“These songs are not throw-aways,” Third Man explains. “These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. These songs are ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne’er-do-wells.”
A live album from The Raconteurs is also a part of the last Third Man Vault release of the year, and features the group performing at the Ryman Auditorium on September 15th, 2011.
- Rob Da Bank, Catfish & The Bottlemen win at Festival Congress Awards
- Gallery: Fat White Family's 'naked ambition' comes to New York City
- Pulled Apart By Horses reveal new EP, Kasabian support & headline UK gigs
- Damon Albarn restarting Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Review: Topshelf Records' label tour feat. Field Mouse, Prawn, A Great Big Pile of Leaves