Back in the summer, White confirmed he had been working on new material with the Dead Weather – along with solo and Raconteurs sessions – after the band’s last studio effort ‘Sea Of Cowards’ proved to be the forbearer of a period of inactivity following its arrival in May 2010.
And the fruits of those sessions are now about to emerge, with a series of singles planned to run right into 2015, when they will be brought together on a full length album.
The first single out through Third Man’s subscription-only Vault series is ‘Open Up (That’s Enough)‘/’Rough Detective‘, available on the 7″ format.
“These songs are not throw-aways,” Third Man explains. “These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. These songs are ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne’er-do-wells.”
A live album from The Raconteurs is also a part of the last Third Man Vault release of the year, and features the group performing at the Ryman Auditorium on September 15th, 2011.
- The Rolling Stones confirm North American stadium dates
- Grant Nicholas: 'Feeder’s heart is still beating strong and we will be back soon'
- Review: The Prodigy - 'The Day Is My Enemy'
- The Vaccines confirm new single 'Dream Lover'
- Interview: Grant Nicholas talks Feeder, solo albums and the current state of music