Back in the summer, White confirmed he had been working on new material with the Dead Weather – along with solo and Raconteurs sessions – after the band’s last studio effort ‘Sea Of Cowards’ proved to be the forbearer of a period of inactivity following its arrival in May 2010.
And the fruits of those sessions are now about to emerge, with a series of singles planned to run right into 2015, when they will be brought together on a full length album.
The first single out through Third Man’s subscription-only Vault series is ‘Open Up (That’s Enough)‘/’Rough Detective‘, available on the 7″ format.
“These songs are not throw-aways,” Third Man explains. “These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. These songs are ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne’er-do-wells.”
A live album from The Raconteurs is also a part of the last Third Man Vault release of the year, and features the group performing at the Ryman Auditorium on September 15th, 2011.
- The Maccabees add new gig to winter tour of the UK
- 'Stuck On You' latest video to preview Reverend & The Makers' new album 'Mirrors'
- Mumford & Sons expand UK and Ireland arena tour
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra reveal video for 'Can't Keep Checking My Phone'
- The Dead Weather share performance video of 'I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)'