Back in the summer, White confirmed he had been working on new material with the Dead Weather – along with solo and Raconteurs sessions – after the band’s last studio effort ‘Sea Of Cowards’ proved to be the forbearer of a period of inactivity following its arrival in May 2010.
And the fruits of those sessions are now about to emerge, with a series of singles planned to run right into 2015, when they will be brought together on a full length album.
The first single out through Third Man’s subscription-only Vault series is ‘Open Up (That’s Enough)‘/’Rough Detective‘, available on the 7″ format.
“These songs are not throw-aways,” Third Man explains. “These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. These songs are ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne’er-do-wells.”
A live album from The Raconteurs is also a part of the last Third Man Vault release of the year, and features the group performing at the Ryman Auditorium on September 15th, 2011.
- Bloc Party's Kele Okereke to release 'world's first 3D printed record'
- UK's number one single sales of 2013 at highest level for 15 years
- Spotify 'to rival iTunes Radio with free music mobile app'
- Paul Weller, Gaz Coombes perform in London for Save The Children charity
- TOY unveil full UK tour for February 2014