Arcade Fire have released a short trailer for their upcoming new album, whose first single and/or title is expected to be ‘Reflektor‘.
As with some other snippets of information which have been released online by the band , the video points to September 9th as a date to keep in your diary, though it remains unconfirmed as to what will be unveiled on that day. The trailer, which also shows footage of the band at work in the studio, can be seen below.
Arcade Fire have been working on the successor to 2010’s hugely successful ‘The Suburbs‘ with several studio guests, one of whom, James Murphy, recently described his time with the group during an interview with NME.
“They’re all so phenomenally talented and full of ideas so songs keep on coming,” he enthused. “The last time I dared think it was finished I came back to the studio three days later to mix and they’d written two new songs for the album! So it was like, uh, ‘Let’s record these too!’ But it sounds awesome.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: The Bulletproof Bomb, Sauna Youth and more
- Wilko Johnson unveils UK tour dates
- Metronomy, The Horrors and Drenge join Blur at British Summer Time
- Liverpool Sound City adds The Cribs, Peace, Everything Everything
- Savages, The Twilight Sad to perform at 2015 Plisskën Festival in Athens