Kings Of Leon have unveiled another new track due to feature on their upcoming ‘Mechanical Bull‘ album, having performed a live version of ‘Beautiful War‘ for Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show. The song is now streaming on Soundcloud (below).
Frontman Caleb Followill revealed the track was written during the same sessions which resulted in the band’s hit single ‘Use Somebody‘, and told the DJ that, ‘If people don’t appreciate ‘Beautiful War’, then they can’t appreciate anything’.
Kings Of Leon are preparing to release their sixth studio album later this month, and have regularly spoken of their intention to ‘have fun’ in the studio during its creation after the inter-band tensions which eventually prematurely curtailed the final touring duties behind previous LP ‘Come Around Sundown‘.
“Us being able to take a break, we kind of got to fall back in love with what we loved about it in the first place, which was picking up your instruments and and playing and smiling onstage and actually having fun, and not feeling like it’s a job,” guitarist Matthew Followill previously told Lowe.
- Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson to front new music quiz show
- Jason Lytle reveals Grandaddy are recording a new album
- Foals' Yannis Philippakis unimpressed with bands who resent touring
- Motorhead to return when Lemmy is 'properly rested' after more gig cancellations
- Tame Impala lead UK's first ever Prog Album Chart