The sibling duo performed the cover for Zane Lowe and his daily BBC Radio 1 show as they continue to promote their recent self-titled debut album.
“For all the talk of rock, ‘Drenge’s quieter moments are among its most intriguing,” Live4ever’s review states. “‘Bye Bye Bao Bao‘, a one-minute link that melds an overdriven electric guitar to a soft pop melody, recalls ‘Bandwagonesque‘ era Teenage Fanclub, while the beautiful album closer ‘Fuckabout‘ is arresting in its honesty, as evidenced by the final utterance:’I don’t give a fuck about people and love, they don’t piss me off, they just make me give up’.”
“That cynical attitude is par for the course on ‘Drenge’; which also includes songs with titles such as ‘People In Love Make Me Feel Sick‘ and ‘I Don’t Want To Make Love To You‘.”
- 2014 Mercury Prize nominees to be revealed next week
- Franz Ferdinand, Mogwai to push for Scottish independence at Edinburgh gig
- Eight Kate Bush albums re-enter UK's Top 40
- Royal Blood unveil UK tour after securing fastest selling rock debut in three years
- Review: Leeds Festival 2014 - Arctic Monkeys, Queens Of The Stone Age and more