Continuing changes which came into affect last year, those shortlisted for the 2013 edition of the prestigious prize will be announced by Lauren Laverne on September 11th at The Hospital Club in London, with the winner then being unveiled at the Roundhouse on October 30th.
Foals’ third album ‘Holy Fire‘ is the current favourite with bookmakers Paddy Power, while David Bowie’s much celebrated comeback LP ‘The Next Day‘ is second, with odds of 9/2, to be named the outright winner. Others high up in the betting include Savages, Tom Odell and Peace, with acts such as Johnny Marr and The Courteeners considered as outside bets.
Last year, Alt-J‘s debut ‘An Awesome Wave‘ came out on top in one of the more predictable decisions since the prize’s inception in 1991.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. F A N S, Ball Park Music and more
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony