Continuing changes which came into affect last year, those shortlisted for the 2013 edition of the prestigious prize will be announced by Lauren Laverne on September 11th at The Hospital Club in London, with the winner then being unveiled at the Roundhouse on October 30th.
Foals’ third album ‘Holy Fire‘ is the current favourite with bookmakers Paddy Power, while David Bowie’s much celebrated comeback LP ‘The Next Day‘ is second, with odds of 9/2, to be named the outright winner. Others high up in the betting include Savages, Tom Odell and Peace, with acts such as Johnny Marr and The Courteeners considered as outside bets.
Last year, Alt-J‘s debut ‘An Awesome Wave‘ came out on top in one of the more predictable decisions since the prize’s inception in 1991.
- Video: Jamie T performs 'Zombie' on Later...With Jools Holland
- Mystery Jets announce new bass player, hint at new material tonight
- Video: Temples bring 'Shelter Song' to Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Little Comets announce 'The Sanguine' EP, October tour dates
- Belle & Sebastian confirm new album 'Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance'