Neil Young & Crazy Horse have cancelled the remainder of their world tour as guitarist Frank Sampedro continues to recover from a broken arm.
Sampedro sustained the injury earlier this summer, bringing to an end the prospects of a short UK arena tour for the veteran band, which had been due to kick off in Liverpool on August 18th. “Due to an accident involving Crazy Horse, the remaining dates on the Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour of Europe and the British Isles have been cancelled,” the statement released at the time read.
And a new statement issued this week has confirmed the end of the remaining 2013 touring plans, and reads: “We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to our fans or the festivals where we were scheduled to appear.”
“The doctor indicated that Sampedro’s hand requires additional time to heal properly. As you must be, we too are disappointed at this unfortunate turn of events.”
- OxfordOxford Festival, starring Klaxons, cancelled due to poor ticket sales
- Edwyn Collins praises The Black Keys' 'A Girl Like You' cover
- Tanya Tagaq beats Arcade Fire to the 2014 Polaris Music Prize
- Beck begins Conan's George Harrison celebrations with 'Wah Wah' cover
- Pink Floyd reveal 'The Endless River' artwork, tracklist