Foals have added three extra dates to their previously announced February 2014 UK tour due to what the band describe as ‘incredible demand’.
The original six-date run will now expand to take in second shows at the Dublin Olympia, Manchester Apollo and the Alexandra Palace in London, while their gig in Glasgow has moved from the Barrowlands to the larger O2 Academy.
Foals‘ third album ‘Holy Fire‘ arrived in February, and peaked at #2 on the UK Album Chart. Attentions are now turning to a new studio effort, which frontman Yannis Philippakis told the Daily Star could contain ‘weird experimental music. “Things are going well, and there’s a reaction in the band to go the opposite way,” he said.
“We keep telling our record label we’d like to make a triple album of stoner metal and old-school jungle, or one long drone that lasts 70 minutes. We’ve always wanted to make weird experimental music.”
Tour dates 2014:
Dublin Olympia (4, 5)
Manchester Apollo (7, 8 )
Glasgow O2 Academy (9)
Birmingham O2 Academy (11)
Newcastle O2 Academy (12)
London Alexandra Palace (14, 15)
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Mazes, Palace and more
- Weezer unveil new album tracklist, delay release
- Release date, tracklist confirmed for Aphex Twin's new album
- Bastille premiere horror-infused video for ‘bad_news’
- Morrissey's 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' disappears from US markets after label row