Nirvana‘s third and final studio album ‘In Utero‘ will be re-released in time for its 20th anniversary.
Aside from a September release date, no concrete details have been forthcoming, though the reissue is expected to arrive packed with bonus features and rarities. To mark the announcement, a rare, and quite bizarre, contemporary advert featuring Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl has been made available on YouTube and can be viewed below.
Released in the September of 1993, ‘In Utero’ followed Nirvana’s landmark second record ‘Nevermind‘, which itself was the subject of a comprehensive reissue in 2011. Live4ever’s feature on the album looked back at the huge impact it made on the music scene, commenting:
“Many view ‘Nevermind’ as being responsible for bringing alternative rock crashing into the mainstream, with its usurping of Michael Jackson’s ‘Dangerous’ at the top of the Billboard charts in 1992 signifying a dramatic shift in popular music among the masses.”
- Live4ever Exclusive: 'Striving For a Legacy In a Fickle World' - Palma Violets @ SXSW 2015
- Drenge further preview new album with 'Favourite Son'
- 2015 AIM Independent Music Awards set for September 8th
- Graham Coxon has 'increased respect' for Damon Albarn after recording new Blur album
- Super Furry Animals, The Horrors, Augustines on bill for inaugural Forgotten Fields festival