Vampire Weekend will head out on a November tour of UK arenas after the release of ‘Modern Vampires Of The City‘ earlier this year.
The New York band open up on November 12th at the Birmingham NIA, and move on to the O2 Arena in London a day later. Arena gigs in Glasgow, Leeds and finally Manchester arrive during the following days.
Before they released their third studio album in May, Rostam Batmanglij told Spin they the sound of the record is a result of ‘thinking forward and being fearless’.
“You want the personality of each performer – whether it’s singing or bass or drums or piano – to be intact,” he said. “The way this album sounds is the product of thinking forward and being fearless in terms of mixing and production, going for something that hasn’t been done before but using elements and techniques that have existed for years and years, pushing them as far as they can go.”
Birmingham NIA (12)
London The 02 (13)
Glasgow The Hydro (15)
Leeds First Direct Arena (16)
Manchester Arena (17)
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Battle Lines, Life In Film and more
- Circa Waves, Lapsley on Liverpool's GIT Awards 2015 shortlist
- The National, Menomena members form new supergroup Pfarmers
- Gene Simmons criticises U2, The Rolling Stones for using 'backing tracks' live
- The War On Drugs, The Cribs, Palma Violets added to T In The Park 2015