Travis will hit the road for a seven-date tour of the UK and Ireland later this year after the release of their seventh studio album ‘Where You Stand’.
Opening up at the Bristol Academy on October 19th, Fran Healy, Dougie Payne, Andy Dunlop and Neil Primrose then travel across to Ireland for a gig at the Dublin Olympia before restarting English gigs in Gateshead on the 29th. A trip to the Leeds Academy on October 28th marks the end of the tour.
‘Where You Stand’ is due out on August 19th through Travis’ own Red Telephone Box label, and was written and recorded in London, Norway and New York, after which the band decamped to Berlin’s Hansa Studios for production. “You stay away as long as it takes,” bassist Payne has said of Travis’ long break between albums, “so you feel that hunger and desire to get back to it same as you did at the start.”
Bristol Academy (19)
Dublin Olympia (21)
Gateshead Sage (23)
The Roundhouse, London (24)
Birmingham Institute (26)
The Ritz, Manchester (27)
Leeds Academy (28)
- Tim Burgess promises 'solo tracks and Charlatans classics' at London gig
- Kaiser Chiefs post new track 'Misery Company' online
- Jake Bugg, Arctic Monkeys among UK's biggest selling albums of the year
- Actor Ben Whishaw 'replaces Sacha Baron Cohen in Freddie Mercury biopic'
- Biffy Clyro to headline next year's Isle Of Wight festival