Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody has told XFM’s Jon Holmes he is hoping to write a movie screenplay if he can find the right place with ‘no distractions’.
“I’m trying my very, very best,” he said. “It’s a completely different discipline to sit down and write a screenplay or to write a novel, than writing songs.”
After the release of Snow Patrol’s sixth album ‘Fallen Empires‘ towards the end of 2011, Lightbody is now preparing to issue a second record with Tired Pony – a band also comprising Richard Colburn, Iain Archer, Jacknife Lee, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey and Troy Stewart – next month.
Meanwhile, his move into the world of script writing comes not long after he made a guest appearance on the Game of Thrones series. “They film it in Northern Ireland and they came to see Snow Patrol play in Belfast and we became friends,” he explained to XFM.
“I asked them if I could be a member of the Night’s Watch – I just wanted to stand in the background. Then Dan said there was a part for a singer and would I come and do it.”
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage