Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody has told XFM’s Jon Holmes he is hoping to write a movie screenplay if he can find the right place with ‘no distractions’.
“I’m trying my very, very best,” he said. “It’s a completely different discipline to sit down and write a screenplay or to write a novel, than writing songs.”
After the release of Snow Patrol’s sixth album ‘Fallen Empires‘ towards the end of 2011, Lightbody is now preparing to issue a second record with Tired Pony – a band also comprising Richard Colburn, Iain Archer, Jacknife Lee, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey and Troy Stewart – next month.
Meanwhile, his move into the world of script writing comes not long after he made a guest appearance on the Game of Thrones series. “They film it in Northern Ireland and they came to see Snow Patrol play in Belfast and we became friends,” he explained to XFM.
“I asked them if I could be a member of the Night’s Watch – I just wanted to stand in the background. Then Dan said there was a part for a singer and would I come and do it.”
- Weekly News Round-Up: Paul McCartney, Alt-J, Royal Blood and more
- Keith Richards shares two tracks from new solo album 'Crosseyed Heart'
- Mumford & Sons headline first night at Reading Festival, announce UK arena tour
- Review: Foals - 'What Went Down'
- The Fratellis, The Strypes debut inside Top 20 on UK Album Chart