“My dad always believed in my music and never stopped encouraging me to write and play the music I love,” MacLeod, whose music has supported the Cancer Research UK charity both during and after his father’s battle with the illness, has said.
“While I’m sorry that he won’t see this next stage in my career, I know he’ll always be with me and that’s what keeps me going,”
Former Creation Records boss McGee has been full of praise for one of his first signings, whom he believes writes songs with ‘passion and conviction’. A release date for MacLeod’s debut album is expected soon.
“Pete writes songs with such passion and conviction, it hurts,” McGee remarks. “It’s my intention to have albums out by the end of this year for all of the first six signings to the label and I aim to have 21 artists with releases out on 359 by Xmas Day 2014, the 359th day of the year!”
Check out Pete’s single ‘God Speed‘ – one of Live4ever’s essential tracks of last year – at this link.
- Kaiser Chiefs unveil North American tour dates
- Benjamin Booker releases 'Live At Third Man Records' album
- Gallery: The Barr Brothers play a packed out Deaf Institute in Manchester
- And So I Watch You From Afar reveal new album 'Heirs'
- East India Youth to follow Mercury nominated 'Total Strife Forever' in April