Kasabian performed a career-spanning set on the first night (June 29th), and with the Glastonbury festival taking place at the same time, guitarist Serge Pizzorno later told NME the band would only return to Worthy Farm as bill-toppers in the future.
“Next time we go I want it to be when we’re headlining,” he said. “It’s inevitable that we’ll headline, whether it’s next year or in 10 years. We’ll do it, I know it. Tonight at Hard Rock was one of the best nights of my life, I was buzzing my tits off and I thought it was amazing.”
Bruce Springsteen was appearing at his second Hard Rock Calling in two years – last summer The Boss’ gig was famously cut short as the encore ran well over an agreed curfew. The decision was the result of a long-running dispute between organisers and local residents which ultimately led to their departure from Hyde Park for this year’s leg.
‘Days Are Forgotten’
‘Shoot The Runner’
‘Reason Is Treason’
‘Where Did All The Love Go?’
‘Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometimes’
‘Vlad The Impaler’
- James will headline Bingley Music Live in September
- Other Lives to support new album with North American tour
- Darlia announce May headline UK gigs after Wombats support
- Laura Marling 'questioned her future in music' after 'Once I Was An Eagle'
- David Gilmour to play European shows in support of new solo album