Glasvegas have unveiled a four-track EP which showcases their upcoming album ‘Later…When The TV Turns To Static’. A video for its lead and title-track can be perused below.
The ‘If‘ EP also includes a cover of the PJ Harvey track ‘The Words That Maketh Murder’, as well as ‘Press <Play>’ – a brand new track written especially for the EP – and a demo version of ‘Finished Sympathy’ which is set to close the band’s new album.
“A lot of thought went into the ‘If’ EP,” frontman James Allan remarks. “From the decision about the cover track right down to the wee <> symbols in the ‘Press <Play>’ title, which I wanted to make look like a button on a VCR. I sometimes mess around with letters and symbols and stuff.”
With ‘Later…When The TV Turns To Static’ due to arrive on September 2nd, Glasvegas have also announced the details of a UK tour which will open up towards the end of that month at the Leeds Cockpit.
Leeds Cockpit (29)
Fleece & Firkin, Bristol (30)
London Scala (2)
Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton (4)
Sheffield Plug (5)
Nottingham Rock City (6)
Manchester Academy (7)
Dublin Whelans (9)
Belfast Limelight (10)
- Paul McCartney announces three UK gigs as part of European tour
- Super Furry Animals add another extra date to UK tour
- Zane Lowe picks Queens Of The Stone Age track to close last BBC Radio 1 show
- James will headline Bingley Music Live in September
- Other Lives to support new album with North American tour