Glasvegas have unveiled a four-track EP which showcases their upcoming album ‘Later…When The TV Turns To Static’. A video for its lead and title-track can be perused below.
The ‘If‘ EP also includes a cover of the PJ Harvey track ‘The Words That Maketh Murder’, as well as ‘Press <Play>’ – a brand new track written especially for the EP – and a demo version of ‘Finished Sympathy’ which is set to close the band’s new album.
“A lot of thought went into the ‘If’ EP,” frontman James Allan remarks. “From the decision about the cover track right down to the wee <> symbols in the ‘Press <Play>’ title, which I wanted to make look like a button on a VCR. I sometimes mess around with letters and symbols and stuff.”
With ‘Later…When The TV Turns To Static’ due to arrive on September 2nd, Glasvegas have also announced the details of a UK tour which will open up towards the end of that month at the Leeds Cockpit.
Leeds Cockpit (29)
Fleece & Firkin, Bristol (30)
London Scala (2)
Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton (4)
Sheffield Plug (5)
Nottingham Rock City (6)
Manchester Academy (7)
Dublin Whelans (9)
Belfast Limelight (10)
- Brandon Flowers laments The Killers' 'lack of drive'
- Morrissey singles out O2 Arena as best gig of European tour
- Live4ever's Essential Listening 2014: The Albums
- Live4ever's Essential Listening 2014: The Twilight Sad on 'Nobody Wants To Be Here...'
- Ed Sheeran remains at number one on UK Record Store Chart