Mike Love admits he has never heard of boyband JLS - the act The Beach Boys are second on the bill to at next month’s inaugural British Summer Time event in London’s Hyde Park.
Organisers of the brand new festival have aimed for a diverse line-up which they hope will appeal to music fans of all ages, and this is nowhere more apparent than on July 14th when Mike Love will bring his current Beach Boys roster to the stage immediately before JLS.
“I really don’t know JLS’ music,” Love tells the Daily Star. “If I were more technologically savvy, I’d Google them, but my house looks out over Lake Tahoe and that’s a nicer view to look at than anything on the internet.”
“I’ve never been hung up on who headlines above who,” he continues. “We’ve played with people we hadn’t heard of who went on to be some of the biggest names in music; The Rolling Stones supported us in Alabama in the sixties.”
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Soak, Tequila For Breakfast and more
- Manchester Orchestra announce 'Cope' follow-up LP
- Julian Casablancas on The Strokes' live plans: Touring is 'a great way to destroy a band'
- The Subways unveil self-titled new album, 2015 tour dates
- Queen to release new album with unheard Freddie Mercury songs