Smashing Pumpkins‘ ‘The Aeroplane Flies High‘ is the latest album to get an expanded reissue after similar re-releases of the band’s back catalogue during the past twelve months or so which have included ‘Gish‘ and ‘Siamese Dream‘.
The original box-set edition of ‘The Aeroplane Flies High’ landed in 1996 and already contains 33 tracks – now fully remastered – but will be joined in the reissue by a further 90 unreleased demos, alternate versions and live recordings.
Also available is a recording of Billy Corgan and co. captured live during the Mellon Collie tour of 1996, while a DVD features a 1997 gig in France. A 46-page book, liner notes written by music critic David Wild and track-by-track notes composed by Corgan promises to offer fans an in-depth background on the extensive collection.
Meanwhile, Smashing Pumpkins are due to begin the European leg of their 2013 world tour later this month which will eventually bring the band to UK shores in July.
- OxfordOxford Festival, starring Klaxons, cancelled due to poor ticket sales
- Edwyn Collins praises The Black Keys' 'A Girl Like You' cover
- Tanya Tagaq beats Arcade Fire to the 2014 Polaris Music Prize
- Beck begins Conan's George Harrison celebrations with 'Wah Wah' cover
- Pink Floyd reveal 'The Endless River' artwork, tracklist